Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Time passes quickly

As the title suggests, time has passed me by very quickly lately.  While I've been away from my blog...I wish I could say I was doing this:




But unfortunately it has looked more like this:



When school starts, mom's chauffeuring service starts as well.  Every time I had an idea and sat down to blog this happened:




Unfortunately I have not figured out a way to blog while driving.



Another event going on in my life is my starting up a career.  I have spent lots of hours on the computer making things like forms and editing my new webpage, but none of that involved stick figures and pseudo-funny commentary.  (Although my daughter did put some cool stick figures on my webpage, but I didn't get to draw them so it doesn't count.)


Lastly, I would like to say I blog for myself, that it is okay if no one likes my blog because I do and I'm okay with that.  But....I'm not okay with that.  In my head I'm super funny and tons of people love to read my blog and comment how much they love it.



 My reality is I write a sometimes mildly amusing blog that about five people like to read (most of which are in my immediate family making sure I'm not embarrassing them) and no one has missed it while it's been on hiatus.  So every time I go to blog I think about how no one really likes it and so why bother.



Then something changed.  Yesterday someone I have never met, liked my Facebook page.  That was huge for my self-esteem...that someone who isn't just supposed to support me pushed that little like button on Facebook.  So I'm going to give it another shot.  I'll work on staying focused (and I know you are saying "good luck with that Jen") and post twice a week.  I figure that is a reasonable goal with how busy my life is right now. 


But you have a job too.  If you find me at all amusing, please comment every once in a while.  Give me that extra boost I need to keep focused and keep going.  If you find me boring and not worth your time, I understand completely....but why are you reading this then?

Okay...so off I go...I will start working right away on a post that is supposed to be funny (unlike the boring commentary that this post is) and see how it goes....right after I take a shower and feed the cats.

3 comments:

  1. Well, sis, I think your blog rocks and that someday you could be the next blogger superstar. Or at least have a small following of people who don't know you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's the stuff I love to hear!!! I like the sound of blogger superstar.

      Delete
  2. I guess I fall into that immediate family category. But hey - I find you more than mildly amusing. I also enjoy reading about someone who is just as scatterbrained as I am!

    ReplyDelete