Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Second Inside My Mind

I was thinking of doing a post on what it felt like to be me for a day, but that would take too many pages.  So next I thought of what it's like to be me for a minute and that was too long.  I decided I will attempt to do what it's like to be inside my mind for a second.

Part of being ADHD is the constant onslaught of things that pass through your head.  In the space of a second (maybe two but probably not) I will have a thought process that looks like this:

I'm riding in the car and see a bumper sticker on the car in front of me that has a unicorn on it.





It makes me think of my brother-in-law because he has a weird obsession with unicorns.



Which makes me think of my sister-in-law because she is married to him.



She has been running lately and I wonder what her running speed is because that is a current obsession of mine.



 I think of my running speed and how I am trying to make it faster by going to the gym and working out with my husband.



I think of how we will be working out tomorrow and I wonder if that guy at the gym that annoys me by all his loud grunting will be there.



I think about how he loves having people watch him work out and how ridiculous he looks.  I wonder if I look ridiculous, I don't want people watching me work out.  What should I wear to the gym so I will blend in better?



Maybe my black tank-top, but it always has so much cat hair on it.



The cat has been puking so much lately, I wonder if this is normal for a cat or if something is wrong with him.  It's weird, every time he eats he seems to need to puke.



I can't imagine puking every time I ate, I would make sure I ate things that taste good coming up.  The last time I puked we had eaten Mexican food, that did not taste good coming back up.  Chocolate chip cookies would be much better.  Speaking of which maybe we should make chocolate chip cookies tonight, it's been a while.



My comment to my husband is, "Let's stop at the grocery store and pick up chocolate chips."  When he asks what made me think of that (I secretly think he gets a kick out of my randomness) I tell him the unicorn on the bumper sticker (obviously, heh-heh).

2 comments:

  1. Hahah! This is great! What an interesting life!
    Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a minute, are you telling me that is NOT normal? That is how my mind races all the time.

    ReplyDelete