Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cleaning the house


I have this cat that pees on the carpet.



(It's actually the gray fluffy cat.  But for today's post she will be black.)  So the other day I noticed that she had once again used my living room for her litter box.  I decided to be proactive and clean my carpet immediately instead of leaving it for my husband like I usually do.  Simple right?  Just get out the carpet cleaner and clean.



I noticed the carpet hadn’t been vacuumed in a while so before I could clean the carpet I would need to vacuum the spot, but might as well vacuum the entire living room.  Still simple right?
Except I just noticed the living room floor is littered with assorted toys, papers, clothing and underwear.  



 Pretty normal for around here, but everything was too big to be sucked up into my vacuum.  No big deal I’ll clean it up.  Got that cleaned up and went upstairs to get the vacuum.  Okay ready to get this done.  Except I noticed that the floor upstairs needed vacuuming as well.  Might as well vacuum that before I bring the vacuum downstairs.  Except there were kids toys on the floor up here too.   


No problem, I pick up the toys and then proceed to vacuum the entire upstairs.
Next I bring the vacuum downstairs and notice the stairs could use some vacuuming as well.   



Pick up the toys from the stairs and proceed to vacuum the stairs.
 
Okay back to the living room.  Proceed to vacuum up the entire living room.   




Now to clean up the cat pee.  Hmmm…it seems to have dried up and I’m not sure where it was.  Again…no problem.  I will just clean up the entire area where she might have peed.



Finally…success.  That cat pee has been cleaned up.  What should have taken 2 minutes managed to take over an hour, but the amazing part is, it actually got done.  And now I have a clean living room and a cleaner upstairs.  Happy dance for me.  



 Except out of the corner of my eye I see….


No comments:

Post a Comment