Thursday, July 5, 2012

Adventures in Driving

I had to take my little kitten to the vet again today.  I say again because I took her two weeks ago, but she was one ounce too light for her surgery.  One ounce...I should of had her wear her collar.  But she has managed to permanently lose two different collars so I refuse to buy her another one.  I think she secretly throws them away because she hates the bell ringing all the time on it.



So I was on my way to the vet.  I turned down the street and the vet was not there.  I was confused.  It was there two weeks ago.  Now there was some companies headquarters...not something that would have been built in the last two weeks.



I went further down the road thinking that maybe it was down farther than I remembered.  Still no vets office.  So I did what I seem to have to do almost every time I drive...I did the U-turn.  Seriously, I make u-turns all the time.  And unfortunately I'm not talking just when I'm going somewhere new.  I could be driving the same route I drive everyday and suddenly I realize I have gone past my turn...so I do the u-turn.  I once bought a car based on it turning radius...but now I own a van.  My van does a great u-turn.



So anyhow...I did the u-turn and looked once again where the vet was last week.  Still some companies headquarter...darn...I was hoping the vet had reappeared in the last two minutes.  I was starting to think my cat had something to do with this.



So I do the quick look on my phone to see where the vets office had gone to.  I found a place about an hour away.  Not what I was looking for.



So I'm driving along after performing another u-turn and suddenly it dawns on me.  I'm on the wrong road.  I turned one light too soon.  I went down to the next road and the vet was magically where it belonged.



This is why I drive as little as possible.


***No my cat did not ride in the back seat of my van.  She rode in her carrier.  I just cannot draw her in her carrier very well :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment