Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Packing...sorta

I'm getting ready to go on a mini road trip with my sweet husband soon.  I'll be really busy the last couple of days right before the trip and we plan on leaving early in the morning for the trip so I need to pack several days in advance.  At least that would make sense.



The trip will be short so I don't need to pack that much even.  But my ADHD has kicked in.  Even though the trip will be very quick, there is so much to be done before I can pack.

 (The kitten loves suitcases.  She is always hiding in them when we are trying to pack them.  I swear one day we will get to our destination and out will pop Abby!)

For example:

-Every speck of laundry must be done before I can even think about packing.  It doesn't matter that I'll only be packing for a couple days, it all must get done first.



-The kitchen must be clean before I go (usually it's the whole house but this time even I realize that isn't going to happen :-)



-My sewing project that I am in the middle of must be finished because I want to bring it with me.  (It's a new purse)



-All my schoolwork must be finished before I leave (Even the stuff not due yet)



-A new swimsuit must be purchased before I can go (Even though it looks like it will be raining).



That is all I can think of right now, but it is enough.  I can't seem to pack because of these holdups.  It's frustrating really.  All I need is a couple of outfits and my shampoo right?  And my newly made purse and my swimsuit.  Oh and my phone and charger and my camera and some snacks and a book and a jacket if it gets cold (yeah right...cold...who am I kidding?) and I'm sure I will forget something.  It wouldn't be me if I didn't forget something and make my husband come back for it.



This is a vacation...it's supposed to be relaxing...and it will be...as soon as I can get packed.

1 comment: