Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Birthday Party

My youngest daughter came home from her dad's this week.  She had been over there for a month.  So I spent the week hanging out with her.  And getting ready for her birthday party which she had been planning for a little while (and by little while I mean for the last 6 months.)



This little girl of mine is so awesome.  She can plan an event perfectly...and she just turned 9.  She had everything down, including a schedule of events, a map of where everything would occur and a list of activities.  And all this within a very small budget.  I love how when someone with ADHD has a goal they are passionate about, so much can happen.


She did need my help for some of the preparations.  And I was not as passionately committed to her cause as I should have been.  Everything eventually got done, but in a haphazard sort of way.  Luckily my husband did not complain that he was unable to eat at the kitchen table all week long due to the many painting projects that were in progress.



And the kitten did not complain when I had to pull paper mâché out of her fur because I had stated that I knew exactly how to make a pinata.



So by the day of the party, we still needed to clean the house, paint and fill the pinata, finish up the games, organize the crafts, decorate the house and go to the store for some last minute supplies. 



Things were going well, until all of the sudden we found ourselves working on a complicated logic problem on the computer.  How did this happen and what did it have to do with our birthday party planning.



I was able to redirect my efforts and everything got done.  Including washing and folding every bit of laundry in the house.  Because you can't have a birthday party without clean clothes in your closets right?

No comments:

Post a Comment